4-cheese spinach artichoke dip
Serves: 6 (Seriously don't try to eat this by yourself)
3 globe artichokes and/or 1 can of artichoke hearts ⠀
1/2 lb baby spinach, blanched & pressed ⠀
4 tbsp butter ⠀
2 tbsp flour ⠀
3-4 tbsp grated pecorino romano ⠀
3-4 tbsp diced white cheddar ⠀
1 cups whole milk ⠀
8oz sour cream cheese ⠀
8oz cream cheese ⠀
1 tsp onion powder ⠀
1 tsp garlic powder
Every time I swing my cart around the vegetable aisle, I catch a glimpse of you and imminently ask myself a daunting question "How do I cook you?" I've always looked at your shape, size, and color with fascination and trepidation. Perhaps, this recipe doesn't give you the respect you deserve but at the very least I think it helped me conquer the questions, nay the fears, lingering in my head. Until we meet again Artichoke. ⠀
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a rapid boil. Drop in the Artichokes to cook through for 30 mins. When done, drain water and delicately peel out the layers of leaves of the artichoke to the center. In the center, you can find the "hairy" part of the artichoke discard this. ⠀
2. Take the artichoke hearts and set it aside.⠀
3. While waiting for the artichoke, blanch your spinach. That is bring water to a boil, drop in the spinach cook for 2 - 3 mins. Drain, squeeze, and roughly chop cooked spinach. ⠀
4. Heat up a deep saucepan to make Roux. Add in butter and flour. Melt and incorporate completely. ⠀
5. To the Roux, add in artichoke hearts to cook. ⠀
6. Next, add in minced garlic cooking for 1 min allowing the garlic to open up. ⠀
7. Add in your blanched spinach and milk. Tossing to mix ingredients. ⠀
8. Bring the mixture to a boil and drop in cubbed cream cheese, mix to incorporate. ⠀
9. Keeping the heat strong, mix in the sour cream until incorporated. Add in garlic and onion powder. ⠀
10. Add in white cheddar, mozzarella, and freshly grated pecorino romano. Mix to incorporate into the dip⠀
11. Pour over the dip in an oven-safe pan, add mozzarella, and grated romano over the top.
12. Bake at 375 degree for 10 mins then broil on high for 1 - 3 mins or until cheese is lightly browned. ⠀
Thanks for rating us!
Hi, I'm glad you're here!
cook this blog. is my love affair with food and a test kitchen dedicated to helping you find ways to cook delicious crave-worthy recipes designed to maximize flavors. So what are we waiting for, let's get cooking, shall we?
From my kitchen to yours,
- Bon Appétit!